• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Free play with shifter

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a lot of left and right movement in my shifter while I'm shifting gears which can make it hard to be smooth between gears. Is this normal on the Deuce or do I have a problem. Thanks for any info on this.

gunboy1656

Well, that was not my story but pretty similar.

The first time I was leaving my house to get the truck inspected. As I turned out of my parking lot and went down hills, I went from second to third. Well next thing I know is the shifter is in my hand. Didn't have the right tools on board at the moment (was being used for something else). So I figured I would hit the auto repair shop just down the road. Hit the gas, nothing. I was left between gears. Luckily there was a parking lot at the bottom of the hill I could pull into. Got the lever back on and went to the shop.

The second time I was headed for a parade, luckily I was still in gear and got to a parking lot. But this time I had tools.

Not a good feeling when it comes off while on the road. Tried the cutoff wheel trick, seems to do a little better, but still has some play in it.