• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freeze plug went into the block

chuck500cc

Re: RE: Re: RE: Freeze plug went into the block

Mike_Pop said:
I wouldn't want to use air either. Better to have it accessible than stuck somewhere else.

UPDATE: I just got it out. It was in a position that can only be described as having to find a G spot on a woman. Since I have practice in this, it took some time but I finally got it to the hole and was able to grab it with my needle nose vice grips. With some tugging and twisting, it finally came out. Now the CUCV and I are smoking a cigarette and spooning.
nopics

Mike_Pop

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Freeze plug went into the block

chuck500cc:

What kind of pictures do you want? A freeze plug without a plug in it? A picture of the freeze plug stuck inside the block? Or a picture of me spooning with the CUCV?

CCATLETT1984 said:
jwaller- do you really want to risk blowing your head gaskets or cracking the block/warping the heads because you left it in the block? I sure as heck didnt.
You never know, leaving it in there might create hot spots on the cylinder wall. Erosion of the wall and/or holes being burnt through isn't a risk I'd take. Although then you'd have an excuse to put a cummins or another brand new/modified engine in there...haha

chuck500cc

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Freeze plug went into the block

tsmall07 said:
Mike_Pop said:
Or a picture of me spooning with the CUCV?
YES :p
:funny:

I feel your pain. I have had to try to drill out head bolts before and it is no fun. Especially the ones that are easier to get to with the engine out of the truck. I was never any good with freeze plugs. Glad it worked out for you.........I digress.

Smoke'm if ya got'em...

Chuck XD Fan

Mike_Pop

tsmall07 wrote:
Mike_Pop wrote:
Or a picture of me spooning with the CUCV?

YES :p
Sorry...due to the intimate nature of my relationship with my CUCV, it would deem inappropriate material for this site.

jwaller

CCATLETT1984 said:
jwaller- do you really want to risk blowing your head gaskets or cracking the block/warping the heads because you left it in the block? I sure as heck didnt.
dont see how thats even a remote possibility. and ya. Iv'e done it more than once and it's not been a problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks