• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freight Shipping

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’d like to get a replacement M416 floor and after talking with the dealer, the only economical way to ship is as freight to a business. I don’t have a business and I’m unfamiliar with shipping something as freight. I’m looking for more knowledge on how to search for a reputable freight receiving business. Can someone school me? My google-fu is strong, but I am clearly using the wrong terms or there is a shortage for freight receiving companies in my area. Looking to ship from MN to KS.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another option would be to check with Fastenal to see if they can handle it. I've used them before and I've been very satisfied.

Great suggestion as I have used Fastenal many times and have had zero issues and they usually have the best prices around. One thing about them is the shipment must be on a pallet and the items must fit within that pallet. It may be a couple weeks before your shipment arrives at their local facility.

Good luck with your search.

Mark

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All, thanks for the responses. I used terms suggested by 98G and found an Old Dominion terminal near me. Looks like their terminal could be the solution. I also found that using the term LTL for less than a load helps too.

I’ve inquired with Fastenal in the past, not all stores are part of their freight network. My local store wouldnt receive freight shipments at the time. You also need one near the source for your shipment, and a shipper willing to deliver to a Fastenal.

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My experience has been that the main concerns by the carrier are how to unload palletized freight as well as access issues within a residential area.

I've used equipment dealers (John Deere, etc)--it obviously helps if you already have a business relationship, but that's not always necessary-- who have a loading dock that the truck can back up to.

Even a nearby farm will work so long as your farmer friend has a forklift attachment on his tractor. Then again, your floor probably isn't very heavy, and you could just snake it off the back of the semi trailer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks