• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Freightliner M916 Crew Cab

tcody

This was one of the more interesting sales that ended today. Lots of money, but pretty rare truck. If I remember there were either 16 or 18 of these made for the NAVY. Went for 50K plus fees.

Attachments

M1075

Sweet! Need more pics. I have been wanting to do that to one of mine since someone posted pics of one like that a few years ago!

tcody

GSA. Derrick - I figured you got that one - your collection is pretty stellar. That would have been a nice addition - plus I am in driving distance to you so I could have made a road trip to see it!
Cheers
Cody

tcody

James - I will try to download and post them tomorrow - right now I have to go in to work. I tried to link to the completed auction, but couldn't. If you log into your GSA account you will find it by going to "other" closed auction and type in: TRACTOR WITH BOAT HAULER/CRADLE
Cheers
Cody

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They put up such terrible photos of the truck. I suspect given the price it sold for, somebody who could use the trailer picked it up.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a bad arse vessel right there. More of that littoral combat fleet the Navy has been building.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I am a deuce guy at heart, but that thing is epic. If i had $50K left over after the DUKW, that would be the next ride.

cbear

That is the Defender coastal patrol craft. The Seabees and Seals use for insertions of Special Ops crews .
I know it's an old thread, but I was trying to dig up info on these tractors. The boat is the Navy Mark V Special Operations Craft. Right before separating from the Navy, I was fortunate enough to see 6 of these trucks with boats. They were being staged for delivery in a hangar at NAS Norfolk. That was early spring of 1997.

M1075

I never really embarked on my build and don't have a M916A1. I do have a couple of Freightliner cabs if anyone is contemplating a crew cab.