• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Frequency meter replacement

Hello and how are you all. I have a spare 002a genset. The frequency meter quit working on this unit and I bought a digital meter to replace it with. can someone give me a good way to connect this? I machined a mount for it, have to drill a couple new holes though.
I have 120 volts going into the transducer and nothing coming out. I'm not sure if the meter was damaged, but I think the transducer is shot.
Thanks metalworker39320171028_164013.jpg20171028_164004.jpg

csheath

All you have to do for the digital is connect it to the voltage source. It won't need the transducer.

Guyfang

Staff member
The meter is probably good. If you have 120 input to the transducer, and no output, the transducer is a paperweight. Like csheath said, simply hook your 120 volts up to the new digital meter and you should be golden. Didn't the new one come with instructions?

Good day to all, there were no instructions in the box when I opened it. I was thinking if I ran 2 wires from the meter to the input wires of the transducer , connected them there that would work. Then, tape the original wires off that connected to the meter that would be a satisfactory installation.
Thanks, metalworker393

jamawieb

Bypass the transducer. Just take the wires off the transducer and connect the wires on the left, to the wires on the right. Then you just use the wires that were originally connected to the original hertz gauge for your new gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks