• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Line-X in the M1009

readyman

For the purists who want that 383CARC 'look' in their M1009 interior. The Line-X guy did a great job of color matching with their upgraded KEVLAR formula. I did all the prep work myself and drove 20 miles to the Line-X dealer with only a seat and a speedo. :cool: Because dealer disassembly was $.
Looking forward to revising the inside door stencil - Hose down interior only. :smile:
I welded up/Line-X'd a mount for the 40mm ammo can center console, that's the thing sitting on the hump.
I found out both Upol and Sem Bedliner has a tintable 'Do It Yourself' package for a fraction of the cost, only after I had Line-X do it. :x
Next thing to do is set off a 383CARC bomb in the interior without messin' up the Line-X job.

Attachments

ARYankee

I like it!!! It looks great! I did the DIY bedliner. It came out OK, of course, not as good as a professional job but works for me. I like that yours is color matched [thumbzup]

lavarok

Looks like they did a nice job and it looks great.

Line-X has a lifetime warranty and is much tougher than any DIY kit.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I think it looks great! I am interested in finding out how much it cost, and whether the liner quiets down the interior at all. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

readyman

Yeah, driving it home with the huge empty interior was a noticeable quieter ride than the ride there.

I also did the polypropylene plastic air vent panels, so they can do more than metal coating.

I think it looks great! I am interested in finding out how much it cost, and whether the liner quiets down the interior at all. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

readyman

That's right DieselBob, in order to get the color match I had to upgrade to the Line-X XTRA coating with Kevlar!?!
I made sure they went far up the firewall in case my 6.2 crank cracks in half(at speed) again, like in my HMMWV. :roll:
I picked up a load of Line-X'd parts for another project but the CUCV parts still weren't done yet so I still don't have a price yet.
That looks very good. Don't forget that bed liner will also help keep explosions under the vehicle from penetrating the floor. :)

Last edited:

CycleJay

re; Fresh Line-X in the M1009

For the purists who want that 383CARC 'look' in their M1009 interior. The Line-X guy did a great job of color matching with their upgraded KEVLAR formula. I did all the prep work myself and drove 20 miles to the Line-X dealer with only a seat and a speedo. :cool: Because dealer disassembly was $.
Looking forward to revising the inside door stencil - Hose down interior only. :smile:
I welded up/Line-X'd a mount for the 40mm ammo can center console, that's the thing sitting on the hump.
I found out both Upol and Sem Bedliner has a tintable 'Do It Yourself' package for a fraction of the cost, only after I had Line-X do it. :x
Next thing to do is set off a 383CARC bomb in the interior without messin' up the Line-X job.
Hello Readyman,

The line X job looks great, I would liked to get my interior professionally lined too, when I can afford it, so it can get done right, and it will be tougher,
than doing it myself. But I will consider doing it myself anyway, we shall see..

But what do you mean by a 383 CARC bomb?

Keith_J

Looks great but quite expensive. I'm looking at Lizardskin thermal on the outside and sound on the inside bottom with thermal on the headliner. Then custom fit rubber mat on the floor. This will help on the heat and noise.

readyman

I was joking around, the busting crank wasn't all that exciting. We were going 60mph with all systems and gauges normal. Then POW. 0 oil pressure and the 6.2 continued to run as I drove to the shoulder. Scratched my head for a while until I saw the crank pulley idling with an inch of end play. :???: It started and idled rough even after that. It had 4500 miles and was an arsenal rebuild.
Dare I ask what happened "At Speed" when your crank shaft parted ways?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks