• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Paint & New Mods

mbarber84

Hey all,

Finally finished some work on my truck. Added a fresh coat of paint all the way around, reverse lights on a switch, License plate bracket and light, and marker lights around the truck. I took my cues from the A3 style beds, had a friend fab up some brackets, and I think the end result came out nice.

Some info:

Lights:
Marker lights - Grote Military Marker lights (Red & Amber LED)
Reverse Lights - Grote Reverse Light (M35A3 Style, with 24v military rotary switch)
License Plate Light - Grote 24v license plate light w/ custom fab bracket

Paint - 383 Green, 383 Brown, 911 Flat Black from RAPCO

Brackets are 3/16 Aluminum with 90° flanges

Also did some general maintenance, fresh inner / outer seals all the way around, repacked bearings, adjusted & bled brakes, and changed axle lube.

Just finished last night and had it ready to go for this years Cal U Homecoming parade. Took about a month or so, working on and off as I had time. The tan M818 belongs to my friend Dan (M818Runner)

Attachments

mbarber84

Thanks all!

The paint on both trucks is from RAPCO, we used rattle cans (I am assuming that is the Gillespie paint)

Dan (M818Runner) fabbed up those fenders himself on the 818, and I too think he did a fantastic job. The design and style matches the front fender very well.

In reference to your question juddspaintballs, the 818 is tagged as an antique as it is more than 25 years old (PA DOT requirements)

Thanks for the comments all!!

mbarber84

Hey Brian, thanks for the comments man! I dont think we won first place, Im not sure who did win.

Anyway, I really appreciate the brackets, they were easy to work with and they look awesome on the truck!

Im having an issue with the drivers side rear LED marker, it does its own thing. Sometimes its on, sometimes its off. I thought at first that it might be a ground issue, but that doesnt make much sense considering EVERYTHING is new. Im going to run a continuity test and check the light too, hopefully if its a bad light, Eriks Military will let me return it for a replacement.

Thanks again for all your help!!

hof3414

Trucks look really good guys. Barber, taking your time really paid off that truck is extremely clean. When we taking a cruise in them, we now have four trucks locally all with new paint so its time to do some off roading and get em dirty. Not sure if you heard but we got Jays truck running again. Barber I'll shoot you a text and try to catch up with you this week if your around.

mbarber84

Thanks Hof, the time spent now seems worth it. Im ready for a trip whenever!, Dan and I were talking, how about a trip to Cal one weekend in the near near future? I was thinking leave in the a.m. from Kiefers, and head to cal, stop at the Chuckwagon for a good hearty breakfast, then we can cruise wherever. Me, You, Brian, Dan...thats 4....not sure about Russ and the tanker as I dont think he has a plate on it yet.

Also, your master cylinder and stuff is in the motor pool at Kiefers, dont let me forget to get them to you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks