• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fresh Southern CUCV Project

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,
Who did your seats and what material did they use? The Dash looks excellent.
I have a local guy custom make the covers, they are made out of a real nice thicker naugahyde.

He can make a set front and rear for $650.00 plus shipping.

David

Scarecrow1

I have to say it is a very professional job and the pride in the details shows. I have kept the paint info saved to my favorites for my next project.
I just bought another product from SW in the resilience line which is a exterior acrylic latex that I really like. I don't intend to put a lot of money into this project because of it being a cargo truck and don't get me wrong I love the old truck but it is what it is. In your case yours has multiple uses but, mine is for emergency's an a little fun to boot.
I put a test area on the truck this winter and it has really surprised me. I plan on painting my 5ton this spring but it seems I never have the time or the weather sucks when I do. You are an artist and I know who to contact if I need some advice. See what you have done to yourself now you will never catch a break
Again that is a job to be proud of and thank you for preserving another part of history.........

CPAPPY

Great job again Dave as always, I cant wait to get started on my M1009. What tires are you running on that M1009? Also I might need to talk to you about seats.

Timmydelta

Report from the new owner of this fantastic truck. First of all I would like to thank Dave for an easy transaction. Vehicle arrived in described condition and exceeded my expectations. Normally I would never buy a vehicle without looking at in person and test driving it. After reading other reviews from other purchasers of Dave's trucks and talking with Dave I decided to take a chance. The truck drives perfect starts right up every time. Great truck on and off road. I drive it to work two to three days a week weather permitting (no a/c). I couldn't be happier with the truck. If you are thinking of buying one from Dave you won't be disappointed. Remember these are 30 year old trucks and will never be new again so be realistic with your expectations of an older vehicle in this price range. If you are expecting a Barette Jackson frame off restoration this is not your truck that would be A TON more money. If your looking for a good clean straight truck that you can actually drive on/off road this is your truck. Thanks again Dave I'm very happy with my purchase I'm sure we will be talking again when I'm ready for a M1008 to match... Oh and @ CPAPPY tires are great I highly recommend.

Last edited:

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Tim, great doing business with you also!

I greatly appreciate the review as I have some big changes coming in my life and the restoration of these trucks will play a MUCH bigger role in my future. So stay tuned as in the next year I start to crank things up several notches.

David

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have had David do a truck for me and was impressed. My 1028 dually did not look like a new 1028, it looked better than a new one. He takes the time to address minute items that most of us overlook. He makes improvements to stock items that will prolong the life of the truck and should have been done when the trucks were made. Great guy to deal with and is as honest as they get and a good moral family man. This 1009 was his best work to date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks