• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

friday the 13th

xenocath

searching.............
yesterday morning pulling into work i suddenly heard three distinct pops coming from under the truck and steering went away. i stopped to crawl around underneath and find three of the 5 inch 1/2 20 studs holding the steering lift block thing snapped off inside my steering knuckle. i then proceeded to learn two things: one you should not install a block under your steering arm they are a real bad idea and two if you are going to try and drill out the studs remove the steering knuckle and take it to a machinist, attempting to" just drill them out real quick and stick some bolts in" may seem like a good idea but let me tell you it is not. so now hours of drilling and busting easy outs means i am seeking another steering knuckle figure 101 part 19 in the intermediate parts manual if anyone has a line on a good source please let me know i am not having any luck these things are almost impossible to find from all the usual sources. talk about luck if this had happened any earlier then when it did..................

Cucvnut

I would go with cross over man ! lift blocks are scary for steering. reid makes replace ment steering knuckles. dana 60 stuff is $$ sorry bout your bad day

Last edited: