• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From one side of Tucson to the other

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've spent the last few days moving. I'm convinced I have too much sh..tuff.

Filled the deuce twice, the redtruck twice, the M923A2 twice, and an M105A2 full to overflowing.....

And filled the M989A1 to the gills...

Made a bunch of trips of about 40 miles distance.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grrr, that is what I have to look forward to next summer. I've been in my current house 18 years. My trips with be 726 miles each way. Luckily, I have a year to do it and I'm not moving any furniture!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dd you at least move to a place with more parking area?

I had copious amounts of parking at the last place. This new place has adequate parking and a garage where I can weld. Best of all, it doesn't have the neighbor....

the neighbor that sneaks around watching me and complaining. The last place was 4 acres. The house is on the far end of it from the neighbor. The house wraps , leaving an alcove closed on 3 sides. I was using a handheld 4 1/2" angle grinder in the alcove. The neighbor was complaining I was going to catch the desert on fire. First off, it's sand. Sand is notoriously difficult to ignite, especially when wet, which this was. Secondly, you can't see into the alcove where I was working unless you're halfway down my driveway. This is but one example of many....

turnkey

From all of the stuff you are moving, are you takeing over for Gov Pl. for stuff to sell...????....Last time I moved the US Navy paid for it...I just got in the car and left the place...Works out great for me...As they unpacked it also..

dmetalmiki

My last move of about 140 miles required my nephew and 4 friends to ferry trucks and trailers. I think I posted about that trip a while ago as it turned out to be the the trip from..h... with the zill breaking down every 5 miles or so and running about 5-7 mph when going! Was I glad to see the light on the house at the end of a very long farm road as it was close to midnight when we finally made it. Everything else ran more than fine, the wrecker pulling the M45 fire truck, the yellow nose deuce carrying the fork lift truck and equipment galore in trailers.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Grrr, that is what I have to look forward to next summer. I've been in my current house 18 years. My trips with be 726 miles each way. Luckily, I have a year to do it and I'm not moving any furniture!
Ha! You sound like me now. All I've learned is to never waste a trip without packing and bringing something.

740 miles each way......every other week now for almost 6 months. Oh well it will be worth it in the end.

And yes 98G, we ALL have too much stuff......

dmetalmiki

Ha! You sound like me now. All I've learned is to never waste a trip without packing and bringing something.

740 miles each way......every other week now for almost 6 months. Oh well it will be worth it in the end.

And yes 98G, we ALL have too much stuff......
(phew!)And I was balking at getting the jeep out to go get fuel from the village 3 miles away. Never again. Good luck with both your trips and enjoy your eventual settlements.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
98G I empathize with you I recently picked up another property and am in process of moving all the trucks and assorted truckload of parts over to the new storage location, when it was all done and my primary shop was now full of open space which I was thankful for BUT with that said moving just plain STINKS!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks