• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FROM WHERE to WHERE?

JingoJohn

Cart before the horse! Just bought a 7.5 ton, XM-1073 trailer...and NO HORSE to pull it! Any recomendations to transport to DENVER, COLORADO from COLUMBUS, OHIO would be VERY welcome.

I tried U-Ship and was surprised to find quotes higher than the amount I PAID FOR THE TRAILER!

Size and weight of trailer:
L= 223 inches (18 feet, 6 inches)
W= 96 inches (8 feet, 0 inches)
H= 39 inches (3 feet, 4 inches)

WEIGHT: 6,900 Lbs​

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe someone here will be able to help during a recovery.

Otherwise, shipping it isn't going to be cheap :( .

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe SOMEONE with a Deuce or 5-ton could GET it off the GL LOT and STORE it until you make other arrangements.

JingoJohn

The shipping quotes were more than what I paid for the trailer. Since this post first hit, my brother and I have acquired a 923A2 on a 'halvie' deal then, I bought two yesterday in Sparta. As of this second "The Plan" (you know how plans work out sometimes) Is my bro picks up his truck drives it to Denver and flys back to Sparta for a second truck. Mean while, I drive one truck to Columbus, pick up the trailer and drive to Denver.....simple ...right?

Is there SAFE storage anywhere near Sparta? I won't just leave a vehicle parked on the side of some filling station or vacant lot.

JingoJohn

GL has been terrific in accomodating my self-inflicted logistical problems (SILP). If I could find SAFE storage for a bit that would take some of the scheduling pressure off my SILP

Where did the post to "patracy" I just made seconds ago vanist to? It outlined the 'plan of the hour' hahah