• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front and Rear Axle Seals

Towerguy1

Anyone happen to have carquest or napa part numbers for the front and/or rear axle seals for the M35A2? Info on the differential oil would also be helpful. Thanks....

Towerguy1

Thanks guys, Just checking, From past experiance lots of military parts have secret identity's in the civilian world. Generally discovered by accident. There are no cross referances generally. There are also many types of 80/90 gear oil, some of which don't mix well, or agree with older style seals.

I have a friend that owns a NAPA store here in town. I too was looking for a closer place to get them. We tried all the numbers I could find, even the axle manufacturer numbers and no dice - nada. And that was just about 10 days ago. I never did find the small cork gasket at any location, not even AV Equp and truck. No one's got it. Gotta make yer own.
It seems like someone looses an axle seal about once a month around here.
Maybe we should start a special calendar sheet on seal malfunction. :D

h1crwchf

axle parts

I just blew my first seal, leaking gear lube everywhere. What fun! If I am reading the book correctly here are some of the military part numbers and nsns:

Shaft gasket (when you pull the axle out)
7521787 nsn 00-599-4230

Washer Key 10896695 nsn 00-752-1650

Cork (goes in the keyway) 8759693 nsn 00-348-8365

Seal outer 7061238 nsn 00-706-1238

Seal inner 10896684 nsn 00-891-7826

I have been searching threads and can not find civi part numbers so I will go with NOS.

Dave

h1crwchf

axle parts

Polverone said:
h1crwchf said:
I just blew my first seal, leaking gear lube everywhere.

Dave
Dave,
If you find that cork gasket somewhere let us know!! :shock:
Which one did you loose? It's survey time. I lost the left side of the front rear axle.
I lost my right rear rear. I will be making my phone calls tomorrow and I will let you know if anyone has the cork!

THis is bumming me out, I thought it was something simple like a wheel cylinder, I have one of those!!

h1crwchf

axle parts

Polverone said:
h1crwchf said:

Dave
Dave,
Which one did you loose? It's survey time. I lost the left side of the front rear axle.
I lost my right rear rear. I will be making my phone calls tomorrow and I will let you know if anyone has the cork!

THis is bumming me out, I thought it was something simple like a wheel cylinder, I have one of those!!

h1crwchf

axle parts

Polverone said:
h1crwchf said:

Dave
Dave,

h1crwchf

axle parts

Polverone said:
h1crwchf said:

Dave
Dave,

h1crwchf

axle parts

Polverone said:
h1crwchf said:

Dave
Dave,

h1crwchf

axle parts

Polverone said:
h1crwchf said:

Dave
Dave,

Towerguy1

I had 1 seal that came with the truck, Naturaly I now have 2 rear and 1 front seal leaking. Oh well, Time to change them all !!! Thanks for the pics CT!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks