• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axel boot questions?

jasonjc

I don't think either side is going to win the other over in this arguement. So why don't we stop trying. We each own our trucks and have to maintain them as we see fit.

The only one agaist it, is some one that has never done, does not know how too do it, does not have the tools to do it. But wants to tell every one esle how to do. He wants too tell every one else that has done it what a big waste of time and money it is. But he has not done it so how does he know??? He seems to like doing this because this is not the frist thread he has come into to tell every one esle that they are wrong and HE IS RIGHT!!
Well I know whos right and whos wrong.

:rant:

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I recently had a left side inner boot start leaking. Since I had not had the front drums off since I bought it, I decided to disassemble/clean/repair/replace any parts/fluids/seals that needed any of the above. It came down to:

New seals inner and outer
New one piece rubber boots
New axle gaskets
Rebuilt wheel cylinders
A load of water contaminated grease disposed of and repacked
New axle flange gaskets
Remaining brake parts cleaned, inspected and adjusted

But now I know that everything is new, and it's been done correctly. If anything goes wrong in the front axle, it's my fault. I just like having that peace of mind.

rrrr

I recently had a left side inner boot start leaking. Since I had not had the front drums off since I bought it, I decided to disassemble/clean/repair/replace any parts/fluids/seals that needed any of the above. It came down to:

New seals inner and outer
New one piece rubber boots
New axle gaskets
Rebuilt wheel cylinders
A load of water contaminated grease disposed of and repacked
New axle flange gaskets
Remaining brake parts cleaned, inspected and adjusted

But now I know that everything is new, and it's been done correctly. If anything goes wrong in the front axle, it's my fault. I just like having that peace of mind.
I agree !

My axle just started leaking and I noticed one boot has a split. I will be doing both as well. Who knows the last time this was done on my truck ?

I'm not looking forward to it that's for sure !

FormerNewMVGuy

My own personal experience, Every truck i bring home, the first thing i do before driving it any where is - pull all the axles apart, inspect the Brake componets, repack the bearings , replace the seals , On the fronts ,i pull em all the way apart, replace the inner axle tube seal, all the hub seals , new knuckle boots, repack every thing, ADJUST THE BRAKES....
I drive my trucks all over the tri state area, and like to know what i have under me and there is no better way than to start fresh with everything.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have to do seals and knuckle boots on mine sometime here... just have to find time to do it. i dont drive it in deep mud or water, but still, it needs to be done. i need to research it more before i do it, but it seems straight forward. its only nuts and bolts, right? :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks