• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle destruction

lavarok

I got a call yesterday to help a local deuce owner. He was stranded at the local Lowes with no brakes. It turns out that the lack of brakes were the least of his worries. We made it about 5 miles to my warehouse with his deuce in tow behind mine and his front passenger wheel assembly was smoking.

When we got it cooled off and taken apart, we found a broken propeller shaft and broken bearings. He must of lost his bearings (lack of PM after fording water) and then the shaft may have snapped under the strain of the un supported weight (just a hypothesis).

So now I need help sourcing a new passenger side shaft/universal joint as well as the end cap and possibly a new brake drum. In the photo you cant see the shaft end as we were trying to pull the spindle off. As of yesterday, it did not want to slide off the broken shaft end but I am sure with a little convincing it will come off the rest of the way. Otherwise, we may need to add a spindle to the shopping list.
IMAG0894.jpgIMAG0893.jpgIMAG0892.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Funny, I used to be that guy deep in the weeds and deep in the mud and water. I've grown weary of the wear and maintenance required for such activity. A dirt road is fine with me. He's in good hands with you Ian, square him away.

welldigger

A few good places to try and find parts are Red River truck parts in Texarkana Texas, Kryptonite Kustumz in Shreveport LA, and Military Trucks Inc. In Dodge City Kansas. That's a really unfortunate thing to happen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks