• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Axle Engagement

bebyb

Hello all, I have a 1980 M35A2C and am new to the ownership of these vehicles. Today I had to climb a steep hill up to where I store it so I engaged the front axle. When I shut it down I forgot to disengage it. I won't be back up to get it till next weekend so will having it engaged damage it? If not, when I crank it back up, do I need to disengage the switch before I start the engine or can it wait till after?

Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will not be a problem. Odds are good that the air system will leak down and it will disengage all by itself. Just remember to flip the lever when you return.

bebyb

It will not be a problem. Odds are good that the air system will leak down and it will disengage all by itself. Just remember to flip the lever when you return.
Okay good deal! Do I need to flip the lever back before or after I start it up or doesn't matter? I just don't want to get it out of calibration or anything haha.