• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle not engaging, not air related.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tm 9-2320-272-24-4 Yea can't guess around here or someone might start a rant about TM's. LOL
What through me off is the pic of the transfer case interlock post #3 which locks the range. The air cylinder that controls front engagement is lower and in the middle of the transfer case not on top drivers side.
Blocking off the range shift interlock is a mod done to help with the trouble some have with range shifting.

Last edited:

Carmancraig

Dont wish to bother, but does the 809 series t cases lock into 6x6 when low gear is selected at the t case shift lever? Or is it just still in its automatic 6x6 mode? My 813a1 has air lines going to it and i am having a hard time believing that it does not come with a lock in 6x6 mode.. Because that'd be kinda dumb.....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Dont wish to bother, but does the 809 series t cases lock into 6x6 when low gear is selected at the t case shift lever? Or is it just still in its automatic 6x6 mode? My 813a1 has air lines going to it and i am having a hard time believing that it does not come with a lock in 6x6 mode.. Because that'd be kinda dumb.....
It is still sprag operated thru 1st and Rev. You can retrofit a air shift switch on the dash for it the sprag to be engaged.

tobyS

The air shifts the Sprag clutch from forward to reverse. Sprag is a one way devise, that allows free movement in one direction but locks solid in the other direction. The TC has different gears that causes the rear to over-run the front and the Sprag relieves the difference. It does the same thing in reverse, with the air changing the position so the one way Sprag operates in the opposite direction, reverse.

It is 6x6 all the time. Sorry, off topic on M939 series.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks