• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle not powered in 4wd

Hottrodd789

Sounds like the spider gears are broke in the chunk wheels will spin fine and u can spin drive shaft will spinning free but if lock in 4wd drive shaft will spin but no power to wheels!! Drain axel look from metal!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sounds like the spider gears are broke in the chunk wheels will spin fine and u can spin drive shaft will spinning free but if lock in 4wd drive shaft will spin but no power to wheels!! Drain axel look from metal!
So you know. I believe "u" is spelled YOU, I would use spell check like I do if you are bad at spelling

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I disagree with Post #11. What I said if true. If the drive shaft is fixed, with only one wheel up, all things proper & sound, you won't be able to turn the jacked up side.. If both wheel ends are off the ground, the spiders will cause the other side to rotate opposite (drive shaft fixed), when you turn one side! If an axle is broken, it could spin the broken side. The only caviet is that it is a rough break, and the stubs are hanging up.

Broke Axle "trick" to get the stub piece out: Take a length of the appropriate sized plastic pipe, slightly smaller, PVC/ABS, whatever, run a split up one side, and shove it over the end, and drag the broken stub out. Sometimes you get lucky. Good Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks