• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle seal

seabeeut

had a good day here in the northeast so figured I get my seal done leaking bad soaking the breaks so I alotted six hours read the TM's and members post's got started had a friend help with the tire and drum everything was going great. Then the seal retainer!!!! had my big slide hammer with me no dice banged that thing till Iam soar used my torch no luck had to rig my two jaw puller and heat the snot out of the axle and it finally popped. hard to see in the picture but the puller is bending the 3/4 inch rachet was using a two foot breaker bar to apply the force on the puller.

Attachments

seabeeut

Just one side I have to work out side so I am getting the bad one done and will get the other in the spring

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you pull down both sides you can knock out the seal holder from the other side with a 6' long small round bar, right through the hole in the cross pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks