• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front axle torque details...

bigkaiser

I am in the middle of a front axle teardown. When removing the 12 nuts that hold the spindles on I discovered most had no lockwashers, many were finger tight :shock: , and some came out with the stud.....so first what torque should the studs be installed to, then what torque should the NEW nuts be tightened to so as to allow the nuts to be removed leaving the studs in place. It is not listed in the TMs covering this part. While I am asking how about the 9/16 cap screws that hold the kingpin bearing plates on?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks