• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle troubles

k1hb

Friend of mine in Hardwick/Massachusetts has trouble getting frontaxle of 5 ton dumpster apart.
He is half way through the job, but stuck now.
His name is Wally, he is at 413 477 6442, he does fix big equipment. he is an incredible local resource, and I am just trying to be helpful.

I know it is an imposition to ask someone to call, but Wally is not internet equipped enough, and he prefers directions over the phone.

If anybody on this board has time and patience, he would do Wally and the entire community here a big big favour!

thanks gang

Fred
Unimog 404, M274A5

k1hb

thanks
i did but apparently was not good enough to remember the exact model. i think i got the m35 manual...

this is the 5-ton deuce with a dump body....not too many different models around i guess...
there is a metal sheet in there that we dont know how to get out.
the axle is stripped to the portion that attaches to the diff, wheels and brakes are off....

would you have the exact manual number for the front axle, and direct me to a good source so i can print it out for him?

thanks in advance

k1hb

Great, thanks

May Istill ask for more help?

the truck i guess is a 5ton 929 dumpster 6x6. many manuals there, but i dont find any pictures or diagrams on

repair, dissembly, parts of the front axle....

anybody can pinpoint me?

k1hb

yah, i am struggling to find an exploded view on how to dissemble the front axle on a 5ton truck.
I am sorry to be such a nag.
i need help!

does someone know where i could find this in the TM list? not in the main manual for sure.

thanks in advance

fred