• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle u-joints M1009 help needed

maritimer

ok well folks, my u-joints are pooched in the front now , just want to confirm if i got the right ones from NAPA or not *yes i did try the search feature *
the ones i got to replace the front axle u-joints * at the hub to axle connection* from napa are the 1-0297bf can anyopne confirm that these are the right ones, cause oi dont want to strip the front end appart and have to walk back to napa to exchange them cause NAPA is 20 minutes drive away LOL.
also is there an easier way to change the axle joints other then tearing down the spindle/hub assembly?
thanks guys

maritimer

i hope so when i got the rear shaft ujoints last month the book listed a differnt joint for the pinion side then what was in the truck didnt find out till we had the truck on the hoist and the shaft ready to go back up in.
turns out the joint on the pinion side isnt listed for any of the chevy blazers in any year Lol. had to pay an extra $36 on top of the cost of the right joint to have it delivered to me cause the green beast is my only DD vehicle LOL

acetomatoco

D1 drive shaft ujoint rear 2 ea 7806140 D3 374246 2 ea
D1, D3 Front shaft 386451 Front 7806140 rear 2 ea in cv
Front Axle D1 6273940 2 ea D3 462809 2 ea GM part #s.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Yeah, you have to tear it all the way down, remove the spindle and pull the axle out. I hope you have access to a press, because all the ones I have done needed to be pressed out, the old socket and hammer deal won't work. Make sure you remove the clips on the inside of the yoke that hold the caps in. If they are the orginal joints they will most likely be rusted in there pretty good. Mine (clips) have broken into pieces when removed, make sure you get all the pieces out before trying to press the joint caps out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks