• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front battery dieting

jwasjp

I have a 1986 m1008 I had both altenators rebuilt less than a year ago. The volt meter is in the red and the front battery is dieting. Does anybody have any suggestions also I just put new battery in and it went down overnight

Last edited by a moderator:

1958 M274

i have a 1986 m1008 i had both altenators rebuilt less than a year ago. the volt meter is in the red and the front battery is dieting. dose anybody have any suggestions also i just put new battery in and it went down overnight
Have you tried feeding the battery a highly acidic diet?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You have a parasitic drain somewhere. My first guess is one of you alternators.

You need to have them tested.

Also an FYI. There is a site rule that you attempt to use capitailaztion in your posts. It has become such a problem that the moderators are starting to enforce the rule. I fixed your post.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would test the front alternator first. A good chance the voltage regulator or the rectifier are bad.

lavarok

You have a parasitic drain somewhere. My first guess is one of you alternators.

You need to have them tested.

Also an FYI. There is a site rule that you attempt to use capitailaztion in your posts. It has become such a problem that the moderators are starting to enforce the rule. I fixed your post.
What about spelling?