• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front bumper mods

unclemikey

Have been playing with the front bumper and all the wasted space out there. Mounted a semi-pioneer rack in front of the radiator over the winch, it carries a Hi-lift Jack, shovel and axe. Gives good protection to the grill and radiator. Very good place for the I.R. lights to be mounted and is very stout. Behind the bumper I built a lower rack that mounts a 20mm ammo can on both sides for tools, chain and junk ( I had removed the under cab tool storage to mount a step fuel tank ) the ammo cans take up the slack. Behind the ammo cans I can mount two more Jerry cans or two more removable ammo cans. Behind the Jerry/ammo cans I can mount a NAPA wheel chocks between the the turn signal and hood on the 45 of the fender that lays up against the Jerry/ammo can very securely. With the ammo cans mounted, it gives a great platform to stand on to work under the hood. I removed the bumper mount step and built a small two step ladder that mounts onto the driver side ammo can, this can be dismounted and put in place faster than the bumper mount unit could be deployed. It is very stable and can be mounted to either side of the bumper. Could not get a very good picture angle to show the above, but you will get the idea. See what you think ! [thumbzup] or :cookoo:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a lot of stuff on the front bumper. I don't have that much, I have to add the pintle hitch to the front, but the only additions I made were two bumper steps and lower shackles like the A3 has. Also have to weld on bumper guides like my first deuce had.

Attachments

eagle4g63

I was just thinking of doing something with that space on my truck today.

Very well laid out and thought out, great job. Might have to use your idea of the 20mm ammo cans for more storage(toolbox too full) And was thinking of putting jerry cans up there but also might hang some off the rear mudflaps, haven't decided.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
I am impressed with the ingenuity your have. Out of all the custom Deuce's I have seen I like your truck the most. Good Job. You have something to be proud of. [thumbzup]

Don

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks