• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Bumper

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This truck is next to the one I'm getting at Fort Drum. There is a hole in the front bumper on the passenger side. Does any one know what it is for?

In Canada, our 2.5 Ton trucks have the frame extensions for the winch on all the variants and models I've seen and worked on, whether or not the winch is installed. With the bumper farther out from the original location of the B.O. drive light assembly below the left headlight, the B.O. light would not shine it 's beam onto the ground. It was decided to move the B.O. assembly to the rear of the front left side of the bumper in the location of the hole in your trucks bumper. The front bumpers of all Canadian M-35/36 trucks are installed with the "dip" at the top and the holes on the left. Hope this may help answer your question.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CCATLETT1984 said:
Didn't you know, It's a top secret modification for aerodynamics, nets your truck a 0.000001 increase in mpg
I thought it was probably something to do with performance. My guess was an opening for a COLD AIR INTAKE KIT. But then I realized it already has that stock. (Fifty years ahead of the IMPORTS). :)

Thanks,Evilone! This has been driving me nuts,(short ride),since I noticed it. Your answer makes good sense! Also welcome to a great site!

Thanks,Gringeltaube! Once again, a picture is worth a thousand words!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks