• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front clip interchange (88-98)?

albersondh

Just about finished replacing my trashed rockers and cab corners (84 1028). I have been looking for clean fenders and hood for a while but no luck on the 87 and earlier stuff. I see 88+ stuff looking clean all the time and curious if these parts will bolt in (fenders, inners, hood, core support, grill/lights). Found a nice complete front clip close enough but not sure if this stuff will direct swap with the obvious wire hacking taken care of?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No.

1 tons up to 90 could work, but are different.

87 was the last of the 1/2 and 3/4 ton in the CUCV body style.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Aren't the grill and cowls different? (on the 88-91 stuff)

nyoffroad

like Warthog said Blazer/burbans share the same sheet metal as the 85 style up to 90 or 91. After that everything changed

Have you checked into the aftermarket crash parts? Use LMC as a last choice due to price and shipping costs. Check with your local insurance agent to see who they write to supply local bodyshops. Try to get "ICAR" certified parts they will fit better.

Westech

CPL
you know OE parts are 5 times more expensive? I have rebuilt a few cucv's and I get the cheap fenders and other body parts. There all a little off and need some help to fit. even the OE ones need help.
no need to buy the farm

albersondh

Not NOS parts, Im hunting for rust free used OEM stuff that's not rotted or dinged to death. So actually a lot cheaper than repro stuff, especially when you factor in shipping.... My rocker and both cab corners from LMC both needed massaging in to fit correctly but nothing I cant live with. I have my eye on a couple trucks being parted out but a bit farther than I want to drive for parts. For now Im concentrating on the cab, then Ill move to the bed (got a cherry dual tank bed for $300), by the time Im ready to hit the front end I will hopefully come across usable stuff locally.

albersondh

Should be the same as 1028, or so I would think. One of my potential front end part out trucks is a dual tank truck. I hope to score the filler hose/neck, tank, and all the associated plumbing from the heap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks