• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front dampers

the front WAS sagging. now its up where I want it, truck is level, but im not sure the OE dampers are long enough.

anyway, anyone have an idea of a damper replacement set that would be long enough?

new leaf packs! :whistle: no not really just remanned with add a leaf. but it got the front where I wanted it...

rather surprised, it took almost 12 tons on the press gauge to press the old bushings... jjeeezzz
image-20170307_132109.jpg

Last edited:

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the front WAS sagging. now its up where I want it, truck is level, but im not sure the OE dampers are long enough.

anyway, anyone have an idea of a damper replacement set that would be long enough?
Finding longer shocks is easy enough. Rancho's web site, for example, shows all the measurements of the various shock numbers.
The potential problem with installing longer shocks is that they may not have enough compression, they're too long in compressed position and bottom out. Lowering the bump stops accordingly solves that issue.
If you do that, you now have an even stiffer suspension (thanks to the add-a-leaf) and probably no more wheel travel than before.
Are you sure that the front was sagging, or was the rear higher because there's no load in the bed, just like GM designed it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks