• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Differential Whine

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was driving the truck to the beach the other day and I started getting a really loud whine once it was all warmed up. Was only occurring when it was moving and in gear and sounds to be coming from the engine cover area. Since it was only doing it when in gear and moving and not in neutral and under load I am assuming its my front diff. Could be I missing something bigger here? Is the front diff a common breakage item? Thoughts on repair or upgrading to something stronger etc.

Would love some advice and/or input

Havok

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are people using for gear oil? I assume 75-90 gear oil but any preferred brands? I'm usually a Mobil 1 fan but Ive heard mixed results with their gear oil.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks