• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Drive Flanges?

rdixiemiller

You can pull the inner duals, although I'm not sure that will help a lot. You can borrow my desplined hubs, I am about 40 miles West of Atlanta, in Carrollton, Ga. Running de-splined hubs helped my mileage a little, and helped the seat of the pants feel. You can cut your fuel with some used motor oil, that will cut your costs.

Trango

Pulling the inner duals will seriously degrade the load handling for the rear end. The stock NDT's are only about 4000 lb rated in a single configuration! My new radials are 8000lb tires in a single, by the way. :D

If you're a welder, making a set of "dummy hubs" is pretty darn easy. I made a set a few years ago THE NIGHT BEFORE I flew out to pick up my deuce. Got to bed at 2AM for a 9AM flight. :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me add a disclaimer here for the benefit of the newer members or those new to the deuce community. If you have a sprag (ie, no air shift) transfer case then lockouts or desplined hubs aren't for you. Sure you could enjoy the benefit but you would have to remove the front driveshaft. Again, old news for most of us but there are some new deucers here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks