• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front end alignment

Hmmv4me

Hi Guys,
I was doing some calculations to correct my front end alignment on my 90 M998. The amount of shims concern me. Can you have that many?

The TM says 1.5 caster and +0.68 camber so mine seems to be way off. The civilian 92 uses less camber so I am going with that.

1580579665305.png

1580574157644.png

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
When I did mine, all four wheels, I ended up with a stack of leftover shims 6 inches tall. All said and done two or three at each location. Took two days by myself to dial it in. This was after all new suspension parts, upper & lower control arms, springs, shocks, etc. that was the week before.

Don't forget to set the toe front and rear. It's not just a measurement number, But needs to reference to >

https://www.knowyourparts.com/technical-resources/suspension/understanding-thrust-angle/

AND

IMO, One of the best things to do if your just lightly loaded weekend driver, camper, trail runner. Now, if loaded as a daily war wagon to the max... follow the book settings.

Tires wear nice and even and straight down the road, CAMO

Hmmv4me

Good read. So, what were you final caster and camber angles when you were done? My M998 rolls down the road nice and strait, just trying to get the numbers right.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks