• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Hitch Install question

chief1983

Who has actually done a front hitch install on a 1009 for mounting a winch carrier, etc? Did you have to fabricate one or have you found one that fits off the shelf? So far the only one I've found is this Warn receiver:

WARN 25855 Front Receiver Trailer Hitch,2 inch : Amazon.com : Automotive

I can't find any reference to it on here though, so I was wondering if anyone's installed the Warn 25855 before. Requires dropping the front bumper to install, and since that's not exactly a stock component, wondering if anyone has any firsthand experience with that before I just have to eyeball it and decide if I can make it work.

Gloaf

Chief:

Did you go through with this project? I'd be interested in hearing form you or anyone else who has done this, to see how it came out!

Thanks in advance

Gloaf

Skinny

Search for a thread that I did only a few months ago, it has all the specifics. You do need to do some modifications as the CUCV is not a bolt in affair compared to the civy version.

cpf240

Any chance to see a picture of how this looks when installed? I presume it requires some cutting, etc? I'd like to do this, but don't want to cut anything...

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks