• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Hub

sht2kll

Howdy all: does anybody know where I might be able to get a front Hub for my M1008? I have been using online parts locator services but, no luck yet. I have a brake rotor that needs to be changed and i would like to build one up, so all I have to do is change it out. Thanks for any help. Tom

sht2kll

Thanks for the link. The picture brings up a question. Are the studs pressed into both the rotor and the hub or just the rotor? If it is just the rotor, then it will just be a matter of buying new rotors and pressing studs into them. I do not have a press so i would need to have a shop do that. I wanted a complete unit so the down time would be minimal. Tom

sht2kll

My problem is that my 1008 is my only vehicle. Once I tear into it, I am in all the way. If I had a hub (i have the new rotor already) then I can simply pull it apart put it on and then I would have a spare. I would like to find a good used hub, but if i can't, then I am forced to shell out the money. The bad thing about living here in Northern Nevada is the is not that much in the way of wrecking yards. The best one that is close is in Idaho Falls, which is about 2.5 hrs. from Elko, Nevada. Tom