• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front leaf springs...re-arch them? Buy newer? Buy NOS?

czechsix

Well, my sagging leafs are finally going to get dealt with this summer. They're getting close to being a reverse arch, ala K-5 Blazers, etc. Not a good thing.

I've called National, and they quoted $700 to remove, and rebuild both spring packs - re-arch, add two new leafs, replace all bushings, fasteners, U-Bolts, paint, etc. Not a horribly bad price for parts and labor - but I'd rather just find a decent pair of front leafs that haven't been thrashed and have some more life in them. Or better yet, NOS springs.

Anyone on the list parting out a late 70's, or newer truck? Preferably West of the Rockies.?

I've called the usual suspects, but haven't found NOS leafs.

Soooooooo.......anyone have any other ideas? Anyone done air ride helpers?

Alexander

Front leaf springs...

About a little over a year ago I came across at least 40 NOS front springs from a duce, I think, at a local truck used parts store. The store in Omaha is C&H truck parts, 402-731-3420, ask for Jerry. They might have shipped their stock to the the Sioux City branch, but Jerry could fill you in. Hope this helps.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try Antelope Valley Truck parts, talk to Norm, or Barstow Truck and Equipment, talk to Gordon. Both in Ca.

czechsix

Yeah, I'll give Norm a try, but I don't think he's going to have them. Barstow truck parts is, and always will be, on my **** list, and I'll never deal with those bozos again.

There might be some in Az - I've got to call someone tomorrow on it. After I rebuild that M-37 PTO that's sitting on the bench. Got's to have tradin' material, ya know? :)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Consider the M105 spring as well. Bjorns research has shown it to be the same spring with the helper leaves added. They can be removed.

rdixiemiller

I would imagine M-105 springs would be in better shape than deuce springs. I can't imagine they sit around for years with 8-9K# on them. You can find rusty M-105's for around $100 around here.

czechsix

That's the first I've heard of it.

Thanks guys, Bjorn, et al. I'll check into it. If it does work out, this'll save a ton of money. Since I'm thinking of eventually putting a plow onto it, I'd probably keep the extra leaves in, too. It's a winch truck, so it's already got a few hundred pounds of extra crap on the front.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Boyce Equipment is in SLC. They purchase vehicle all the time and strip all the parts off. So far the things I've gotten from them were reasonably priced.

Talk to Brett - 800-748-4269 - he's a good guy.

RDDC2

I have a set of front deuce springs off of a 67, they are in perfect condition - call 336.210.7250 if interested...Ryan - I am located in NC and can assist with shipping

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks