• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Leaf Springs

19trax95

So I have a M1031 and I'm wanting to raise the front a little bit. About 2" would be ideal. Would also help with the plow in the winter.

I have read conflicting info about the front springs on these due to the Dana 60 axle. I've seen guys say standard spring packs won't work as they would on a K10 or K20 series truck, then I've read that they can all use the same spring packs. Visually looking at them, it seems they are no different than any other squarebody front pack.

I also would like to see if anyone has recommendations for a good pack that won't totally trash the ride, because it certainly doesn't need to be any stiffer than it is lol.

Are add a leafs a decent option? I think I'd rather do the whole pack but if an add a leaf would get me there, I'm not opposed to it.

Skinny

So I have a M1031 and I'm wanting to raise the front a little bit. About 2" would be ideal. Would also help with the plow in the winter.

I have read conflicting info about the front springs on these due to the Dana 60 axle. I've seen guys say standard spring packs won't work as they would on a K10 or K20 series truck, then I've read that they can all use the same spring packs. Visually looking at them, it seems they are no different than any other squarebody front pack.

I also would like to see if anyone has recommendations for a good pack that won't totally trash the ride, because it certainly doesn't need to be any stiffer than it is lol.

Are add a leafs a decent option? I think I'd rather do the whole pack but if an add a leaf would get me there, I'm not opposed to it.
Depends, how clapped out are they now? I'd say an AAL will probably help with maintaining ride height with a plow or get a little boost up but not both.

You are probably a good candidate for an appropriately rated spring.

I don't think the spring cares what axle you have but the U bolts certainly will. ORD would be the place to go to ensure you get all the correct stuff.

19trax95

I think the springs are in decent condition. Just when the plow is on there in the winter months it sags a decent amount and is almost touching the rubber bump stops.

It's a failry heavy plow (8' fisher).

I'd also like the little bump up in height with the plow not on the truck, which it isn't most of the time.

I'll definitely be getting new U bolts and all. A local shop makes them up as I wait. Which makes me wonder if they can just make me a new pair of spring packs to get the load and height I'm after.

ehuppert

I just recently BTDT. Went with 4 leaf spring packs as I wanted the additional weight capacity. Without the plow it raised the front end one inch. But, didn't drop as much with the plow due to weight capacity. I wouldn't add a leaf, spring packs aren't that expensive and you're doing almost the same amount of work. You could get a 1" zero rate block if you wanted an additional inch.....

https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com...ck-4wd-heavy-duty-front-leaf-spring-22-402hd/

I bought my springs from ATS springs in Souderton (just north of Philly) I received the next day via FedEx. I got the U-bolts from them. Also used poly bushings vs rubber.

I used to use ATS when i ran a repair shop. Very knowledgeable, think its a third generation business

nyoffroad

If the local shop can make up the U bolts then I'm sure they can help you with the springs themselves, they might even still have new old stock sitting on the shelf for a deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks