• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front leafs on M 880

dodjh

I have the U bolts and front hangar bolt out but haven't been able to remove the rear bolt out of front hangar.

Has a nut on one side and seems round on the other. I have the nut loose and off but can't get bolt to come out.

Does it need to be cut out with a torch?

Last edited:

goodbrewing

I believe you will find the bolt goes through a metal sleeve in the middle of the bushing. The bolt and sleeve rust together. If you have to cut it with a torch it is messy and the bushing will catch on fire and smoke and drip melted burning rubber all over. Good times. And I believe the bolts are heat treated so a saw doesn't work well.
Good luck.

armytruck63

If you're not in a huge hurry, I'd soak the bolt area with WD-40 or PB Blaster every time you walk by the truck for the next few days. Then get out the biggest hammer you can find an pound away. The bolt is trash anyway, so you will be replacing it.

I would avoid the torch method except as a last resort.

Greasy

When installing the lift springs of the front of my truck, I found that the shackle bolts are attached on one side together. Both nuts and one side plate (1/2 of the shackle) must be removed so the bolts with the welded bolts on it can be removed.

My 2 cents....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks