• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front lollipop lights

M215

Hello SS,
I have seen pictures of additional lights mounted over the front marker lights on 2.5 & 5 ton trucks, but they all appear to be facing the rear, why and what are the lights for?

Sorry Miltrucks for hi-jacking one of your picures.

Thanks, Karl

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rear facing turn signals and marker lamps are known as the "Nato Lighting Kit". These additional lights were required in the European Theater of Opperation. Germany and probably other European contries require these lights for opperation on their roads and highways.

A truck with these lights has probably spent time in Europe.

I'm adding these lights to all my trucks. For the markers to work properly, I am connecting them to the tail light circuit at the taillight with a "Y" connector. I've read of others tapping into the circuit closer to the switch.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wondered what those things were. Anyone have a good closeup shot of the lights in question, from the rear?

acetomatoco

There were a gazillion of those lights in PA at Mechanicsburg years ago...Nice little bracket fits between Composite light and mount using same two bolts. European countries required front and rear faces on front signals and this was the fix...I have seen the lights at practically every East coast rally for the last ten years. Genuine Green Plastic...and you can put any voltage bulb in them that you want...

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That way, the little Yugo you are about to run over with your lane change has a slight chance! :shock:

motorolanut

Well its nice to know the are verified as European turn signals....I remember a thread a year ago where someone asked the same question...I replied I thought they were European turn signals...And was Laughed at...Well the laughs on them and I Laughed Best....Nice to see we have gotten more intelligent members recently.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks