• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front rims on the rear?

DaneGer21

That rear axle has had the hubs flipped in order to get the spacing you see.
I figured that might be the case. Just surprised you don’t see that setup more or maybe I just haven’t seen them. Definitely a good budget build idea. But I guess if you’re going all in why not upgrade the wheels also, right? haha I appreciate the feedback

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured that might be the case. Just surprised you don’t see that setup more or maybe I just haven’t seen them. Definitely a good budget build idea. But I guess if you’re going all in why not upgrade the wheels also, right? haha I appreciate the feedback
That's my thought. If you're going to the effort of putting on super single tires, you might as well use wheels that have the right width for the tire and keep the tire better centered on the wheel bearings. This way is definitely cheaper, but while it will likely work ok for a toy truck for many miles, it's not ideal.

SteelNinja

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well Im biting the bullet and getting a deuce . and once I get it paid off I'd like to put singles or unless I can put 1100x20's and keep the duals .

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well Im biting the bullet and getting a deuce . and once I get it paid off I'd like to put singles or unless I can put 1100x20's and keep the duals .
You can keep duals with 1100x20 tires. I believe if you use NDT tires they fit without any changes. If you get the 11.00R20 G177 radials, some members have reported that the tread edges would contact the fasteners on the trunion cover during turns, so they changed out to button head fasteners on the trunion covers to keep it from hurting anything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks