• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front Shackle

allenhillview

Rear of front spring, is the 1/2 inch that comes in a ORD fush kit do anything to make my stock 1008 drive differently, (the extra 1/2 inch longer shackle height?)

Pinion angle is it ok with the half inch increase on the longer shackles?

Caster angle is it better or worse?

I,ll finish install tomorrow but not to late to put stock height shackle back in with oem height, all inputs welcome.

allenhillview

No replies yet, hum drum!

Does anyone have idea on this? Ord kit is 1/2 inch longer on rear of front - frame to spring eye shackle height.

Ord says its fine no problem, but; does anyone have a kit on stock spring and stock height that can say for sure on drivability , does it stay the same, does it help on caster, does it hurt front pinion angle?

Someone have anything?
Thanks to above while I was writing last post.

bchesley

I have the longer shackles on mine and noticed absolutely no change at all in drivability. I no longer hit the frame on big bumps compressing the spring. Hope that helps.

Brad

allenhillview

All good on finished install, no issues , drives the same as before, just wanted the piece of mind new bushings, stay bar bushings as well, new gear oil front and rear.

Thanks to all who replied.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks