• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front sway bar bushes

tankie88

Anyone know off hand the width of the front sway bar bushes? I know it's a 1 1/4 bar.LMC has 2 differant size bushes hard to measure while the old ones are still fitted plus they are all squashed.

prairie

Just remove the sway bar and forget new bushings and save some money and time.
I did this with mine and it improved the ride, with no noticeable change in handling.
Makes no difference empty, heavy loads or pulling loaded trailers.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Copy of DSC02605.jpg

My advice is to remove the sway bar entirely and throw it away. I did this to accommodate cross-over steering because there's no way to have both. Without the sway bar my truck rides better and certainly articulates better.

Hope this helps.

85CUCVtom

I'm agreeing with Sharecropper and Prairie.

Just take it off. Don't be scared to, all the sway bar does is help minimize body roll during cornering. With leaf springs in the front the body roll is already small.

If you don't like it without it you can always put it back on.

MarcusOReallyus

You call bushings.... BUSHES????

:cookoo:

Wow. And you talk about "drink driving", and you pronounce "solder" as if there's an L in it!!!!

Why you you guys insist on mangling the English language?

Good thing the world has us to keep things straight! :mrgreen:

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The English always talk funny, I know I am married to one for 24+. and to this day every now and then she comes out with a whopper and I find myself ROFLMAO "I hope she don't read this"

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well at least ol Tankie don't speak Cockney! Here Mate, what snowd in you? Go up the apple and pears!

chesapeake

After reading this thread, I looking at my bushings and yeah they were gone. I went for a spin in the truck through the fields and then a curvy road. Came back and took the sway bar off and went on the same drive. It was smoother in the field and I could feel any noticeable leaning in cureves. Maybe it is my mind, but the steering felt a little more loose? That is not possible with the sway bar gone is it?

Those of you that took them off, did you put the bolts back in to protect the threads?

Sharecropper, How do those tires do on wet pavement? I was thinking about getting a set of 9.00 X 16 if I can find them

Last edited:

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chesapeake - The NDT tread provides good traction on wet pavement as long as the tire presssure stays below 40psi. I keep mine at 38psi.

Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks