Front two tires not plumb..leaning

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

dodjh

MY 53 M38A! front tires are leaning (when sitting) from 12 o clock to about 5 o clock. Had someone try to fix it
]
but couldn't determine why. Any ideas?

CMPPhil

Hi

Not sure I understand the problem, are you saying the tires are leaning (toward the vehicle) in at the top? Or that the tires lean out at the top?

A little positive camber (tilt out at the top) is normal in most vehicles. But I'd start by making sure what you are seeing is not caused by something being loose. Don't believe the camber on an M38 is considered adjustable.

Keep us posted on what you find.

Cheers Phil

cucvmule

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several overall components have an effect on toe in or out, negative or positive caster and negative or positive camber. Read a little on all to understand what each one does and the effects that it has on drivability.

Tie rods, ball joints, king pins, bushings, wheel bearings, all have an effect on the geometry of setup on the wheels, steering.

Bent, broken, loose, distorted, worn components, and many other symptoms have an effect on the visual appearance of your tires.

So a little more information is needed to try and understand what you may be seeing. Pictures also help, some times illusions are seen in daylight, night, shadows, the way the truck is parked, backing up then parking and the front tires seem to be pointing in towards themselves from looking from the front.

We need a little more information and possibly read a little in the TM's for applicable information.

dmetalmiki

MY 53 M38A! front tires are leaning (when sitting) from 12 o clock to about 5 o clock. Had someone try to fix it
]
but couldn't determine why. Any ideas?
This so difficult to perceive..12 to 5 o'clock lean??.. That is some 30*...
As mentioned before, post a picture, or describe the 'Lean' as you would to someone without a clue as to what YOU Perceive.
Viz. Us.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks