• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front wheel bearings

houdel

NAPA is nice, have lots of parts, but prices are outrageous. If the part you want at NAPA isn't 150% of what you can buy it for locally, then it is 200 % of the local price. That being said, most bearings, cups and cones have a part number stamped or engraved on them. Look real close and you should be able to find a part number which your local parts store can match up for you. See the attached photos for a Deuce cone and cup.

The -34P TMs give part numbers, but I don't know how to convert them to civilian part numbers. If all else fails, call George at Vermont Truck Commercial Salvage, 802-864-4762. He has trailerloads and trailerloads full of surplus parts and his prices are very reasonable.

Attachments

sermis

Find a bearing supplier. Locally I use Purvis or Bearing Warehouse. They can match most any bearing. Cheaper than a parts place, including NAPA, in most cases. Try Saturn Surplus and then Memphis Equipment as a last resort.

houdel

Actually, I'd try a local parts house, then George at VTCS, then Saturn, then Memphis, in that order. Your local parts shop may be a little more expensive than the mail order specialty houses, but usually quicker to get the parts and easier to exchange if there is a problem.

But almost all bearings/cones/races made in the last half century or more (which should include your 5 ton) should have a part number etched on them somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks