• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front wheel bearings??

IBEZKUM

Good morning, it's been awhile,
I just hit the ten thousand mile mark, on my m-1008
and it developed this strange buzz or vibe in the front end,
If I lock the hubs it goes away (Hate drivin it that way) I suspect Front wheel bearings
Even though when i jack it up and spin the wheels and check for play it seems OK.
Instead of going through the trouble of greasing them, I'd rather replace them.
Anything i need to know, Besides a K30 With a Dana 60, When chasing parts, Also need a spindle nut wrench.
Thanks for any help!!

Jetnoise400

Well, make sure you grease the new bearings too... :D From your post it sounded like you were just going to replace the bearings rather than grease them....

Yeah, I know... nobody likes a smart @$$

CCATLETT1984

be sure to use the marine high temp grease, no worries then.

and follow the instructions for setting the preload on the bearings, otherwise you'll be doing it again very soon.

while you have the rotors off, take them and have them measured for run out, if they are warped they will just kill the new bearings that you put in. (Guess how I know!)

IBEZKUM

Better late then never,
Thanks for the replies, The bearings are all done, Aprox.. four hours per side!!
Mostly setup, It was cold, Three propane heaters going and the old grease
was like rubber bands. Yes I greased the new ones, But used NAPA wheel bearing
grease, sad part is, I have many tubes of marine trailer bearing grease.
I just torqued the inner nut to fifty foot pounds, backed it off did it again,
backed it off till the lock washer went on then torqued the lock nut to 160 foot pounds.
I also just had an alignment done, but the fools put the wrong tires on,
Now i have to wait until this snow storms over because their swamped
with people wanting snow tires,,( Now I know why, I like to do things myself)
As Always, thanks alot!!!( here's some numbers)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks