• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Front wheel hop while braking?

lavarok

I've recently noticed the same issue with my '08. Seems to be the driver side front that hops. I'm going to tear down the front end this coming week to resolve. Anyone else have any updates on their progress resolving?
For me, it was a warped rotor. While I was at it, I replaced my leaking axle shaft seals, pinion seal, spindle bearings and seals, wheel bearings and seals, had my rotors turned, installed new brake pads, and replaced my broken hubs. My '08 is running great! I am glad I tore down my front axle as it was full of mud and clay in all the little nooks and crannies.

Last edited:

bryan250f

what ended up being the problem?? was it a warped rotor? one of my trucks is doing this exact thing and im trying to figure out what the problem is.

MarcusOReallyus

what ended up being the problem?? was it a warped rotor? one of my trucks is doing this exact thing and im trying to figure out what the problem is.

It's been covered:

I had some of the same problems but hey went away when I replace the bushings in the front springs. The pin that ran through the shackle had pushed all the way through the bushings on one side. I don't know if this had the front axle sitting just a little bit out of alignment but it went completely away when i put the new ones on. (I did put brand new springs on as well as they were sagging)

For me, it was a warped rotor. While I was at it, I replaced my leaking axle shaft seals, pinion seal, spindle bearings and seals, wheel bearings and seals, had my rotors turned, installed new brake pads, and replaced my broken hubs. My '08 is running great! I am glad I tore down my front axle as it was full of mud and clay in all the little nooks and crannies.

Got it fixed. It was warped rotors.
It is smooooth as silk now.
Thanks alot everybody. Joe.

Last edited:

bryan250f

im so sorry, i didnt realize there was 3 pages to this thread, but thank you for taking the time and summarizing it all up for me. still new to this site a rookie mistake

jwunder

I'm also getting wheel hop wheel light braking it was far worse before I replaced everything in the front end trying to get rid of death wobble while braking I finally get rid of it after tie-rods steering stabilizer and fixing a broken bolt in my steering gear and now it's hopping anyone know what might be the cause I've already replaced the shocks, roders, calipers, wheel bearings (inner & outer), spindle bearings, kingpin bushings and bearings. I'm totally stumped???
Oh its on a 1991 chevy V3500 350TBI with dana 60 axels