• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

frost plug heaters

Kenneth Cole

Hi
I am on my third heater. The first one lasted about a year and a half. The second about three months and the last about three weeks. All three are Kat heaters. I have made sure that the heating element wasn't touching on the inside and I never had them plugged in over four hours.
Has anyone had problems with them? Any ideas on different types of heaters that you have had good luck with?

Thanks
Ken

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi
I am on my third heater. The first one lasted about a year and a half. The second about three months and the last about three weeks. All three are Kat heaters. I have made sure that the heating element wasn't touching on the inside and I never had them plugged in over four hours.
Has anyone had problems with them? Any ideas on different types of heaters that you have had good luck with?

Thanks
Ken
Any idea what kind of anti-freeze are you using? Some has a more acid base to it and tends to attack soft metal and rubber seals. Mixing it too strong is another possibility too. The regular "green stuff" solves that problem...

I have had one running in a truck for more years than I can remember. It gets plugged in and stays on for weeks at a time.

Kenneth Cole

Hi
I can't see how it wouldn't ,seeing how it's at the lowest point on the engine. Each time I have replaced one it drains at that point and comes out with a heavy flow. So I'm lost at this point. I'm thinking I'll have to change to a different type of heater unless someone comes up with another idea.

Ken

deathrowdave

I have 3 diesels with frost plug heaters , 2 BT Cummins and a MF tractor , never had one issue so far with any of them . The ones in the Cummins will keep the coolant around 90* . They do make in external pump type that is used on semi type trucks . You may need to think about one of this type . But I still have no idea why the plug type is not working correctly .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks