• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

frozen injector pump

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently recovered a nice m35a2, however it wouldn't start. We traced the trouble to the ip which has rust in it. The motor is a White 465 LDT. The pump is an American Bosch. The piston appears to be frozen in the bore. I have searched the threads for a similar post with no success. I have talked to a diesel mechanic who recommends rebuilding or replacing. Does anyone have info on where I might find a replacement at a reasonable price or someone to rebuild my pump.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find rust?
Should be able to work on it yourself, begin by removing the fuel lines (IP to injectors) and you'll be on your way.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to everyone for the info, thanks to Pigfoot who had the pump I needed. I am going to repair my old pump using Kenny"s excellent posts and photos. Knowing that someone else has successfully done a repair that several experienced diesel mechanics were afraid to tackle shows how valuable SS members are.