• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"Frozen North" Rally 2012 - Minnesota

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
SOMEWHERE in this thread I saw a big cuss word the the site CENSOR missed, this has to be fixed, the word is SNOW. Now SNOW = COLD, WET, COLD, MISERABLE, WEATHER NOT FIT FOR MAN OR BEAST, ECT.. One of the 1000 reasons why the GA. SS RALLY is so GREAT, it does NOT have SNOW, may be cool at night but NO SNOW

Bighurt

I don't believe snow is a bad thing I just think snow and bibwacking don't go hand in hand. Don't get me wrong service men did it for years, but that was a necessary evil in support of uncle Sam. Not exactly a choice as much as a direction.

CobraCDR

SOMEWHERE in this thread I saw a big cuss word the the site CENSOR missed, this has to be fixed, the word is SNOW. Now SNOW = COLD, WET, COLD, MISERABLE, WEATHER NOT FIT FOR MAN OR BEAST, ECT.. One of the 1000 reasons why the GA. SS RALLY is so GREAT, it does NOT have SNOW, may be cool at night but NO SNOW
I would love to attend a GA Rally, however, I'm not sure if we have enough tow bars and spare parts to get all the Minnesota trucks the 1,500 miles down there AND back home again!

As for the snow, when it's there for 6 months out of the year, you just get used to it. Besides, that's why we have 6x6 trucks!

dozer1

I would love to attend a GA Rally, however, I'm not sure if we have enough tow bars and spare parts to get all the Minnesota trucks the 1,500 miles down there AND back home again!

As for the snow, when it's there for 6 months out of the year, you just get used to it. Besides, that's why we have 6x6 trucks!

Lets see here. 20 trucks x 3000 round trip miles = 60,000 miles. 60k divided by 8 mpg = 7500 gallons of WM0 :shock: I better look for a couple more totes.

sierra117

I like the idea of a little get together to plan out something bigger I thought there was kind of something earlier this year in southwest MN

farmboy149

well here is an idea dresser wisconsin has an off-road park with a ton of space maybe you could talk to them if you could rent it and maybe go wheeling there they got trails and stuff its right on the border of mn and wisconsin just a thought

HASSON1911

I think cobra or someone said in a early thread that we should have one in central MN. so the fuel cost for a rally for us guys up north or in Duluth or moor-head wouldn't be so D*m high. i would be game for one in southern MN if its in the summer so i can try to run some wmo and maybe cut my fuel price down.

CobraCDR

There was talk of a get-to-gether / mini-rally at a state park / trail last summer, but I guess the area was too wet, so it never happened. Good news is they were ok with MVs on the trails as long as you got the state park ATV sticker. I wonder if they realize that a deuce is a 6x6 off road vehicle that is 16,000 lbs+ and not some bigger ATV?

I won't be back to the U.S. / MN until early January. I can set up something for us to get together and take the planning to the next stage for a bigger event at that time. Lunch? Wings & beer? Whatever works for everyone, I'm game for something. Most important step is we start making things happen. It gets us one step closer to being able to host at least one MV event in MN (or surrounding area) each year (not counting any informal stuff we do on the side) and setting up a good MV support network in our part of the country. :beer:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks