• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FS - NEW Bow Corner Bolts

houdel

I needed some bow corner bolts for my Deuce when I intalled my cargo cover. Rather than spending $1.00 each for milsurp I special ordered a box of new 5/16"-18 x 1-1/2" Phillips pan head screws. They are identical to the military ones except they have a bright finish. They cost me about $0.35 each and I have a lot more than I need. If anyone wants some you can have them for my cost plus postage, PM or email me if interested. TIA, Lee

Attachments

Loose Deuce

Notice that most all the bolts on a Deuce are a special length :lol: I havent been able to swap any bolts that are the same exact length, always a tad longer or a tad shorter, metric and std.

Did the Govt. do this on purpose or am I nuts ? :)

houdel

I had a few original bow corner bolts, they are 1-1/2" long, same as the new ones I bought. The new bolts worked fine on my bows, other than the finish you can't tell them from the original.

Loose Deuce

That's good, maybe not all the bolts are not like I said. The bolts that hold the axles on are a uncomon length and the bumper bolts, both sizes and those short ½" bolts that seem to be on everything. :)

I know it doesn't matter if a bolt is a little longer than the original if you have to change a bolt, I just wondered why the Army sizes seem to be different (mostly) than what you will find at the local hardware store in common sizes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks