• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Axel

jfnemt1ff1

Ok buy now I have talked about the amount of snow and the time I have spent digging out. The news said to-date Iowa Has more snow then Alaska.
The other day I went to try to move one of the M35s with air shift, For some reason the ft axel wont turn. I can here the air engage and my son says the ft drive shaft is turning. The ft tires are not driving the rears is all that is moving. Any Ideas, Its been so cold I have not be able to check it out.
John

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i have had my front drive shaft turn on cold days on a ford truck.. its not engaged it was just the very cold oil moving inside the transfer that made the shaft move.. i think that your air in the lines have some water/condening that has froozen up... just my 2cents thinking out loud and hoping for the best

jwaller

put the transfer in N and see if you can turn the front driveshaft by hand. if you can then there is something wrong. either inside it or you have a busted hub/shaft/gear.

if you can't then you have a frozen TC actuator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks