• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft. Benning to Ft. Jackson on the 6th of March

Well the time has finally arrived. On Saturday the 6th I head to Ft. Jackson, SC to attended recruiting school. I am driving my Duece and towing my M1009. I plan on taking I-185 to the I-85 near Atlanta and finally taking I-20E into Columbia/Ft. Jackson. I plan on leaving around 10-11am and will probably arrive at Jackson around 1900.

Me and my wife just finished replacing the inner and outer rear axle seals, boots and doing a complete fluid change and lube job

I am looking for any SSer that might be able to help me along the way if I have any issues. (Fingers crossed) I am traveling with all my spare parts just in case.

Thanks all, I will keep this thread updated as I go along.

Tod

Well I am packed up and ready (as ready as anyone can be) to get moving. So my time of departure will be 1000 EST. Thank you to those of you who offered to help along the way if needed. Hopefully all goes well and I will get to my destination with no problems.

Mik

ABN173

Thats one heck of a Dity move Mik I bet you raised a few eyebrows at the trans office when you submitted your paperwork!

Good Luck,
Dale

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Mik...since you have taken other interests...like Army life...the CAMO has adopted Misty and the kids.
We will make sure they have anything they need and all you need to do is take care of the Army stuff.
We got your back Bro...excell at what ya do!

Attachments

Thanks for your support everyone.
I finally get some time to collect my thoughts.

I left Benning at about 1100. I stopped about every hour to check fluids and leaks. I stopped at a rest stop about 30 miles outside Atlanta and after checking under the truck I managed to bash my head on the door I wisely left open and of course it started bleeding profusely. So after I cleaned my head I went back out and talked with a trucker who was hauling a couple M813s from Memphis Equipment to Wilmington, NC for shipment to Morocco. I ended up talking to him for about 1 1/2 hrs (which also gave me time to make sure I didn't have a concussion).

So 11 hrs, 334 miles and 46 gallons of fuel (7 mpg) later I arrived here at Jackson and promptly checked into a hotel room and went to sleep.

Thank you all for your support. I have another trip from Jackson to VA. Beach at the end of April and then from VA. Beach back down to Fort Benning at the beginning of May so I will do some more posting then regarding my trips.

And the stupid thing is I bought a new picture phone before my trip and didn't take a single picture. I will take some on the next legs of my trip.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks