• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft Campbell M101a2 (4 of em') Recovery

scranch18121

Just wanted to post a few pics of a 4 trailer recovery from Ft Campbell to Austin, Texas.

Started in Austin on Saturday. Drove to Ft. Campbell and arrived on Sunday at noon and got a room at the Holliday inn. My appointment time was 730 AM Monday. Relaxed in the hotel until it was time to leave for the base 630 am. Got thru the gate at about 7 am and made my way across the base to the GL office. I was loaded , secured, all chained down, and done by 930 am. Left the base and went back to the hotel to get a shower and check out. Filled up and on my way back to Austin by 12 noon.

That week end.... the wind was blowing at about 25-35 hours an hour... steady. And guess what. I' heading south west and the wind was blowing north east.... so therefore I have a steady headwind all the way home. I got home on Tuesday morning as I had to stop and get some sleep just inside the Texas line.

Anyway, had a great trip and all are here in texas. Out of the 4 trailers I am going to create a trailer for my use to haul my hunting gear. The best frame, bed, axle, sides, bows, and top from all 4 will create an awesome hunting trailer my truck cant wait to pull around. Plan on a trip to Wyoming this fall for hunting and camping.

Here are a few pics of my rig and the trip back.

Attachments

1stDeuce

Here's a shot of the four that I helped recover from Ft. Campbell. 30' trailer. And a shot of a guy that was there getting 8... on a 30' trailer. I really hope he made it where he was going, as they looked kinda wobbly going out the gate...

I also should commend Jason as being a superb fork lift driver. He was very careful with everything that we say him move, and put the trailers right where they needed to go. Nice place to load out of.
C

Attachments

sawgunner1

Any Tips

Here's a shot of the four that I helped recover from Ft. Campbell. 30' trailer. And a shot of a guy that was there getting 8... on a 30' trailer. I really hope he made it where he was going, as they looked kinda wobbly going out the gate...

I also should commend Jason as being a superb fork lift driver. He was very careful with everything that we say him move, and put the trailers right where they needed to go. Nice place to load out of.
C
Hey Deuce,

I have a 4 M101a2 trailer recovery happening Tuesday morning at Ft. Cambell as well. Is Jason the regular fork operator or is he someone you have had dealings with in the past? Also, is it good form to "tip" the loader or is it that a normal job for him? It sure would make things smoother for me since I have to offload that night and head directly to Hooks for another recovery Thursday morning.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's gotta be a record!!!! Call GUINESS.........If it ain't..... it oughta be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popacom /BILL in KY. :jumpin:

maplehillfrm

its not 8,, but it is 5 103a2's and a m200a ,, they rode the 140 miles with no trouble even through a snow storm thru tug hill area,, that was a little hairy with too many people not knowing how to drive in the snow, it was one of the first snows of the yr,, other than that went good,, if he had enough chains and all he should have been able to secure it good,,,

Attachments