• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FT. Drum NY to Greenwich CT 315 miles

johndoe007

1997 LMTV M1078 currently not running but looks good. Email if interested and I will share auction item. If anyone is local to Ft Drum and up for trying to get it running before they drive it down I am game for that as well for extra $$

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL or GP purchase?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not think they will let you work on it at all.

I think you need to be 100% self sufficient (loading) and simply haul it off the base.

My understanding is, he simply shows up in a car to allow you to remove your truck.

I would confirm this with a GP rep, before making any plans.

johndoe007

I was thinking perhaps someone could haul it to a near by location and get it running not on the site itself- if they lived close enough. Or if someone just wanted to bring it here in a straight shot that would be fine too.It looks like it might just need the fuel line re-attached, the air bled and it jumped across the starter. The truck shows all lights operational.

FloridaAKM

I wish I had your faith in getting a DRMO vehicle off the lot & running. If that was the case, the back lot would have many more trucks in it here @ Camp XRay. Good luck with getting your truck home to work on it; maybe even trailer/ship it so you can work in the safety of your property, not on the side of the highway or in someone parking lot, awaiting a tow vehicle.

greenjeepster

I looked at some of these that were at Drum. If it is one of the ones that were missing the cover for the gunners ring, they had a lot of snow in the cab... melting snow getting in the electronics on these is what kept me from bidding. I would bet on getting it hauled rather than driven.

johndoe007

Really Really good. I own mine for less than $5500 with tax and fees. It has its lid and a new spare tire. Only thing missing externally is the ladder. At that price everyone needs one even if its just to mess with your home life. Mine leaves the base Monday. I won't have photos for about two weeks due to the deal I stuck getting it here.

Sardo67

**** nice catch. I'm not too far from you, would like to check it out some time. I just stumbled across an M818, m151 basket case and mule missing the motor in north west CT. Working on getting the 818 running as its only 18 miles from home and no way to tow it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks